One of our major strengths is our dedicated team of highly experienced trainers – each of whom train across a wide range of programmes. Their versatility means they can deliver training at all levels and can make complex technology issues accessible to non-technical staff as well as deliver in-depth engineering training. Our business trainers are specialists in their field, enabling them to address the key issues affecting the telecoms industry today.
Our senior training staff with added responsibility are:
Training Director. Tony has overall responsibility for the Informa Telecoms Academy and takes the lead on programme development and delivering customised training solutions. Tony is a highly respected training professional with over twelve years experience delivering a wide range of telecoms technology and business programmes.
Training Manager. Alan manages a team of more than 30 trainers across both portfolios for Informa Telecoms Academy and takes the lead for Telecoms Mini MBA series delivery. Alan has a wide experience of the Telecoms and IT sectors, which he has gained by working for companies including BT, Digital and Ericsson.
David is a highly regarded lecturer in telecommunications, with many years of industry and training experience, he takes on multiple responsibilities including lead for the WiMAX Forum Certified Training series and has responsibility for the Innovative Learning Initiative.
Dave has an extremely strong telecommunications training background, having gained a great deal of experience managing training for Cable and Wireless and Mercury Communications. He focuses primarily on advanced technology and business programmes. Dave delivers a very wide range of training programmes
Paul offers over 25 years experience in Telecoms & IT. He has extensive management, regulatory and project experience, holding a BEng honours degree and an MBA. Paul effectively conveys technical and business concepts to his delegates, whatever their background. Specialising in Modern Business & Telecoms Networks, he has special interests within 3/4G Air Interface & Infrastructure, SS7 over IP, & HSPA.
In addition to our senior training staff we employ over over 30 trainers delivering courses across a range of disciplines to ensure we have the resources to meet your training needs. Our current training staff include:
- 15 Technology and Engineering trainers
- 8 Finance trainers
- 4 Commercial/Marketing trainers
- 7 Leadership/People Management specialists
Here’s what past delegates have had to say about our trainers:
- “Excellent instructor with good command of the subject along with vast practical experience. Answered all questions in a very effective way” AH, Zain Bahrain
- “Excellent trainer with a lot of experience and solid knowledge” SD, LHS
- “The instructor made the course – very knowledgeable and good at explaining. Would have been heavy and boring without him” CS, Vodafone UK
- “I have not seen a better teacher (Tony) with knowledge and communications skills” CO, Springcell
- “Presenters personal experiences help to understand, and more importantly, remember key principles” MH, Hewlett Packard
- “Instructor was very knowledgeable” SS, Rogers
- “Excellent instructor” GL, JDSU
- “Excellent presenters and trainers” AH, Jawwal
- “The instructor is very knowledgeable” HH, Wataniya Telecom
- “Instructors illustrative skills are awesome” MM,MTC Ather
- “Very good instructor (Tony)”, JG, Unitel
- “Teacher was really good, I liked him a lot, he answered our questions immediately and directly” AB, Specter CAT