Informa Certified Advanced Core Network Planning Professional
Full - €2595
Early Bird - €2325
Register 4 weeks before the course and save €270
Each training session is thoroughly reviewed to help understanding, and with the aid of the trainer, delegates are required to complete a two stage certification assessment, comprising of a written exam and comprehensive practical planning case study.
Why should you attend this course?
Delegates who complete this 4-day core network planning programme will be able to:
- Describe the overall architectures used within modern Core Networks and explain their individual functionality – including implementations within UMTS (including HSPA), LTE and NGN systems.
- Describe the methodology used for planning a core network and list the general inputs and outputs to the sub-processes used within the planning process.
- Explain the methodology and processes used within traffic planning.
- Identify the processes and techniques associated with traffic and bearer modeling.
- Identify the processes of Erlang calculations and circuit switched bandwidth capacity requirements for IP transport networks.
- Explain the User Plane design process, taking into consideration TDM, ATM, IP and MPLS transmission technologies.
- Describe IP user plane design considerations from an IP Layer 3 protocol management aspect.
- Explain the signaling network design process and identify signaling network architectures and topologies for TDM, ATM, IP and SIP.
- Explain performance requirements related to redundancy and reliability and bandwidth volume calculations.
- Describe the basic concept of Traffic Theory needed for the dimensioning of networks.
- Understand and explain Processor Load Definitions, Bandwidth and Voice Quality.
- Complete a two stage certification process that includes a comprehensive design and practical assessment case study.
- Core Network Architecture & Protocols
- IP in the Core Network
- Network Planning Processes
- Network Planning World Packages
- Traffic Planning
- Transport Plane Planning Process
- Control Plance Deign (Signalling)
- Network Traffic Theory
- Processor Capacity
- Node Dimensioning
- Bandwidth & Voice Quality
- Certification Case Study
Who Should Attend this Course?
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the planning processes involved with 3GPP next generation IP based core networks (Fixed and Mobile). It will suit all technical staff having an understanding of 3GPP networks, but require further information for evolving and migrating existing operations.
A basic understanding of IP networking and GSM/3GPP (UMTS) architecture and procedures would be an advantage, but not essential.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…