LTE/SAE Evolved Packet Core
In House Only
29 Jul 2015
This course describes, in detail, the architecture of the LTE/SAE Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network which is an essential component of next generation mobile networks. The overall requirements of the LTE/SAE proposals are examined along with the relationship with the existing components within a mobile network, this is developed into a description of the key interfaces and the protocols deployed.
A detailed analysis of the LTE/SAE architectural functionality is provided along with a description of the architectural reference points and protocols including the SGW, PGW, PCRF and interfaces, S1, S5, S6, S11 as well as a detailed look at the interactions between the IMS and EPC.
The importance of Policy Control and Charging is studied with a description of the PCRF and functions it provides in respect of managing user connections.
VoLTE, SIP and the IMS will also be explained, outlining the concepts of VoLTE and the network requirements to support voice and voice based services. VoLTE SIP signalling examples will be described, giving a global view of the end to end procedures for typical VoLTE events
Why should you attend this course?
Attend this highly interactive 3-day course and you will be able to:
- Relate theoretical diagrams of the SAE/EPC with practical implementations.
- Detailed understanding of each network node, eNB, MME SGW
- Be fully conversant with the EPC interfaces and protocol sets.
- Be able to describe the detailed relationship between core network nodes.
- Understand and explain the S1_U and S1_MME interface and describe the protocol stacks for each interface.
- Follow detailed procedures and appreciate the function of each interface for various scenarios such as, Registration, Bearer Functions, Handover, QoS Modifications.
- Describe the protocols used on the EPC interfaces S1, S5, S11, S6, S3 and S4
- Use message flow diagrams to explain the operation of the networks nodes for various scenarios
- Use the theoretical knowledge gained to follow real network protocol captures.
- Confidence to make decisions on technology implementation and procurement that are commercially viable, minimise risk, and in line with the strategy and goals of the wider organization.
- Evolution of LTE
- EPC Architecture
- S1 Interface
- X2 Interface
- Charging & Policy Control
- IMS & VoLTE
- Global Procedures for LTE
Who Should Attend this Course?
Students on this LTE training course would benefit from an understanding of 2G and 2G mobile network architectures and protocols in helping them understand the further evolution to LTE/SAE-based architecture.
This course is available as an in-house option delivered at a date and location convenient to you. more…
Want to learn more?
Contact our training specialist on:
Tel:+44 020 7017 4144