Effective Telecoms Strategies – Advanced Business Diploma
Full - €4995
Early Bird - €4495
15 - 19 Sep 2013
Early Bird Discount: Book 6 weeks before be course – save €500
The rapidly changing landscape of modern communications presents major challenges for all players in our industry. The commercial environment is very dynamic and highly competitive. This programme has been designed to equip all managers within our industry to make practical, effective, insightful and smart decisions in this uncertain world.
Practical and useful strategy tools are presented in a way that makes them immediately easy to apply in real life situations. This demanding and comprehensive programme, gives participants the opportunity to undertake solid strategic analysis and critical appraisal of the wider communications industry to produce useful and practical plans for the achievement of their corporate goals and personal KPIs.The programme is based on industry data provided by the Informa Telecoms & Media research team and develops competencies in:
- Developing Effective Strategies
- Use of Practical Strategy Tools
- The Dynamic Business Environment Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Finance & Strategy
- Risk & Scenario Planning
Delivered by experienced facilitators and experts, the programme develops a good balance of knowledge and skills – including, strategic planning and business analysis, creativity and strategic thinking.
The highly-interactive programme is structured around practical presentation sessions along with a comprehensive, advanced case study that requires participants to apply and test their practical learning and to develop a commercially successful strategic plan. Real life examples and case studies are used throughout.
“Value of course greatly enhanced by turbulent times in which we live. Sound strategic planning was never needed more than now” NM, CESG
Why attend Effective Telecoms Strategies:
- Access to the latest expert knowledge on key strategic issues facing the Industry
- Practical application of a wide variety of strategy tools to all delegates situations and personal KPIs.
- Practical session with senior Informa Telecoms & Media staff to allow delegates to test their own knowledge and strategic thinking against some of the most knowledgeable people and practical information in the industry.
- Development of a full strategic plan for a telecoms organisation through a realistic business simulation, incorporating market, competitive, customer, financial, leadership, risk management and other factors, positioning the organisation for future growth.
- Enables delegates to apply concepts to their own personal situations, KPIs, teams, products and business and to evaluate their own organization’s current position and future opportunities.
- PACE enabled course. Preparation, Application, Consolidation and Experience. Apply straight away.
Outcomes and Competency Development
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key sources of strategic value to communications and related organisations
- Analyse the main strategic trends in the converged communications industry – evaluate the impact of these trends on service provider strategic positioning in the broader communications industry
- Use strategic analysis tools to identify successful strategies and tactics to achieve their own corporate objectives and KPIs
- Assess and critically appraise the use of business models and finance in achieving success
- Set realistic strategic objectives and associated key performance indicators
- Establish, maximise and improve organisational sustainable competitive advantage
- Identify profitable strategic customer segments and develop a long-term positioning for these customers
- Assess key risks to strategy and develop a range of appropriate responses to these risks.
- Communicate complex strategic plans clearly – including overall vision and implementation plan, whilst increasing their contribution to strategic debate at senior level
- Develop innovative and strategic thinking capabilities
- Develop a solid strategic analysis skill set and strategic negotiation and decision-making capabilities
- Apply new found competencies to their own situation
The Effective Telecoms Strategies Programme
This programme is very interactive in nature and, structured around a series of presentations and discussion forums. It has been designed to allow a good balance of knowledge and skills transfer, networking, creative thinking, and strategic business analysis.
Real life examples and case studies are used throughout in order to maximise the relevance of the business analysis, and to help identify best business practice.
Day 1: Strategic Thinking – identifies and explores key strategic tools, including analysis and testing of ideas through scenario planning. We also deal with effective communication and leading strategic change.
Day 2: The Market Reality- thoroughly examines the current market reality – focusing on both the current telecoms business environment, as well as the over-riding financial environment
Day 3: Implementing the Strategy in Practice – explores the practical issues of implementing strategy in real organisations
Day 4: Making it Sustainable – Looks at competative strategy and the ways that sustainable competitive advantage can be built
Day 5: Communicating the Strategic Plan- provides the opportunity to develop the business simulation Strategic Development Plan. The plan is then presented to an executive commission in the afternoon, with expert feedback and peer analysis ensuring the learning and development opportunities are maximised.
Who should attend this course?
This programme has been designed for mid-senior managers, future managers and specialists in telecommunications and related industries to develop effective telecom business strategies – equipping them to steer their organisations more effectively through a high risk environment.
If you have previously completed a Telecoms Mini MBA programmes (standard, marketing or technology version), this programme is an ideal complimentary programme that focuses on developing strategic direction.
Advanced Telecoms Management Series
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series is an integrated series of advanced business programmes designed to meet the learning development needs of forward looking telecoms professionals and organisations. This series includes the Telecoms Mini MBA, which has been attended by over 3,500 industry professionals from across the world.
Enhance your career with a formally recognised University Qualification.
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series, including the Effective Telecoms Strategies – Advanced Business Diploma is undergoing accreditation by the University of Derby Corporate. Successful completion of this programme will not only enable you to join the 3,500 executives worldwide who have benefited from an Advanced Telecoms Management Series, but you’ll also be awarded credit points towards a recognised University qualification.
Combine these credit points with those gained by completing another Advanced Telecoms Management Programme along with a work based project, using the Competency Development Journal, and you will be awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management.
What qualifications are on offer?
The successful completion of Telecoms Academy’s Advanced Telecoms Management Series programmes enables you to have the opportunity to study for two levels of qualifications (level 7):
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management –successfully completing any two programmes and associated assesments along with a work based project
- Certificate in Continuing Professional Development in Advanced Telecoms Management successfully completing any two programmes and associated assesments
For more information contact us on: +44 (0)20 7017 4144 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About University of Derby Corporate
The University of Derby Corporate (UDC) is the Business to Business division of the University of Derby. UDC are working with a wide variety of organisations to develop and deliver work based learning programmes and accredited qualifications that support organisational improvement in areas such as customer service, innovation, leadership and management. Combining academic rigour and commercial experience, the University of Derby Corporate develop relevant and robust solutions that enable businesses to achieve progress through people.