Business Implementation of Mobile Broadband – Advanced Business Diploma
Full - €4995
Early Bird - €4495
Understanding the business you are in, and identifying (and were possible monetising) key new opportunities is fundamental for operators to ensure long-term success in a rapidly changing customer environment and increasingly fragmented market. Key business enablers, including capable and cost-effective technologies, must be put in place in order to develop a sustainable long-term future. Investment and implementation of new technologies is therefore an absolute requirement for the vast majority of operators, but it can carry huge risks unless both the business and technology environments are fully understood.
LTE has established itself as a game-changing technology. It has the potential to enable amazing opportunities for telecoms companies to provide new and exciting services, radically changing their business models and how they operate in the market (not least by reducing the cost per megabyte of data).
This interactive and comprehensive programme focuses specifically on LTE as perhaps the key business enabler for telecoms operators over the next few years. We explore the business case, implementation options, key opportunities, complementary and alternative technologies, planning and executing LTE initiatives, and the financial aspects. We spend time discussing the changing customer proposition and user experience, new business models, and partnerships. Industry data from the Informa Telecoms and Media Research Teams is used throughout to back up the ideas and to put concrete evidence into the discussions. New concepts and ideas developed throughout the programme are immediately applied to a practical case study where they are tested, consolidated and assessed thoroughly.
Outcomes and Competency Development
At the end of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Contribute more effectively to the development of business strategy and planning for LTE
- Explain the changing dynamics and drivers for change of the mobile- and converged-telecoms market
- Identify the key customer and industry trends that are driving the requirement for high-speed data, and recognise their overall value to the telco
- Accurately judge the likely LTE business environment
- Assess the business case for LTE within theirown business environment with much more confidence
- Describe the technical concepts underpinning LTE
- Compare different LTE implementation options
- Fully appreciate the role of complementary and alternative technologies
- Ensure that future LTE initiatives are backed up with the required rigorous analysis and scrutiny
- Reduce the risk associated with LTE business planning and initiatives
- More successfully scope, resource and plan a complex cross-functional LTE initiative
- Work more effectively across functional divisions within the business through a higher degree of understanding and awareness
- Contribute more effectively to the overall competitive advantage of the business
- Welcome and Introduction to the Case Study
- LTE Business Environment and Market Overview
- LTE Technologies Briefing
- Monetising LTE Services
- Successful LTE Implementation/Projects
- Change, Leadership and People Issues
- LTE Cost and Planning Model (Price/GigaByte)
- Calculating Return on Investment
The Business Simulation
Throughout the week, participants are grouped into teams and provided with a simulated business case based on a fictitious country. The teams are provided with a detailed scenario and realistic data. Their objective is to produce a fully costed and analysed plan to implement LTE. Their plan must be coherent and credible, and appropriate for the scenario provided. It must also be comprehensive, covering technical, service/customer proposition, regulatory issues, business models, implementation, people issues and change management, and the financial aspects. Each team is asked to present its plans to a board of directors for approval.
This provides a theme for the week’s programme as well as additional motivation for delegates to engage fully in the learning experience. Delegates benefit from direct and candid feedback from the „board‟ as well as from their colleagues. It provides a very tangible focus for the week‟s activities and a fitting climax to their hard work.
The business simulation provides an opportunity for delegates to apply and test immediately the new concepts and ideas that they have developed. It also allows delegates to think through how these concepts could be applied to their own real-life work situations.
For a detailed programme click here
Advanced Telecoms Management Series
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series is an integrated series of advanced business programmes designed to meet the learning development needs of forward looking telecoms professionals and organisations. This series includes the Telecoms Mini MBA, which has been attended by over 3,500 industry professionals from across the world.
Enhance your career with a formally recognised University Qualification.
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series, including the Effective Telecoms Strategies – Advanced Business Diploma is undergoing accreditation by the University of Derby Corporate. Successful completion of this programme will not only enable you to join the 3,500 executives worldwide who have benefited from an Advanced Telecoms Management Series, but you’ll also be awarded credit points towards a recognised University qualification.
Combine these credit points with those gained by completing another Advanced Telecoms Management Programme along with a work based project, using the Competency Development Journal, and you will be awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management.
What qualifications are on offer?
The successful completion of Telecoms Academy’s Advanced Telecoms Management Series programmes enables you to have the opportunity to study for two levels of qualifications (level 7):
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management –successfully completing any two programmes and associated assesments along with a work based project
- Certificate in Continuing Professional Development in Advanced Telecoms Management successfully completing any two programmes and associated assesments
For more information contact us on: +44 (0)20 7017 4144 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About University of Derby Corporate
The University of Derby Corporate (UDC) is the Business to Business division of the University of Derby. UDC are working with a wide variety of organisations to develop and deliver work based learning programmes and accredited qualifications that support organisational improvement in areas such as customer service, innovation, leadership and management. Combining academic rigour and commercial experience, the University of Derby Corporate develop relevant and robust solutions that enable businesses to achieve progress through people.