Telecoms Mini MBA
Full - €4995
Early Bird - €4495
9 - 13 Jun 2013
1 - 5 Jul 2013
21 - 25 Oct 2013
11 - 15 Nov 2013
Early Bird Discount: Book 6 weeks before be course – save €500
The Telecoms Mini MBA, the leading executive training programme for the telecoms industry, has been attended by over 4,000 professionals from 260 companies in over countries worldwide. Some of the leading operators, vendors, services, and regulators in the global telecoms industry have sent delegates to the programme.
This programme is highly participative, focusing on real business, technology and industry issues. The programme is designed to give you a critical understanding of the key competency areas required for success within the telecommunications industry – enabling you to make more informed and commercially viable strategic decisions. The business simulation is the vehicle through which we maximise the competency development and ensure ideas on strategic implementation can be tested and appraised.
The programme features more focused technology modules and a greater emphasis on the business aspects of telecoms. The course offers delegates a challenging and rewarding experience that will equip them with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the telecoms industry in 2012 and beyond.
“Effective, detailed, well delivered! Absolutley the most specific, hard hitting and ‘to the point’ telecoms training I have ever received” TO, Ericsson
“I learned much in this course. I really enjoyed and learned the best skills for a good leader. Excellent.” NS, Bakcell
Why should you attend this course?
- Achieve a better understanding of your people, your products, and your business – giving you an unparalleled view of where your organisation stands, its strengths and future growth opportunities
- Have a solid platform on which to make strategic, technical, financial and management decisions that are reliable, well grounded and commercially viable
- Gain a clear picture of the telecommunications market and its future direction, with forecasts, timelines and analysis from the experts
- Are fully versed in fixed, mobile and convergent network technology and the reasons behind its adoption, its strengths, weaknesses and limitations
- Learn best practice leadership techniques and how they can be applied within the telecoms industry
- Are fully equipped to take on new challenges and progress within your organisation
- Gain lifetime membership to our Telecoms Mini MBA Alumni Network. You will join an exclusive club, in which you can readily share ideas and expertise with like-minded colleagues via our online networking tool
The Telecoms Mini MBA Programme
The course programme will cover three main topics all linked together through a specially created case study:
- Strategy/Business environment - Sessions that cover up-to-the-minute industry information and analysis. These sessions combine to give a breakdown of where the telecoms industry finds itself in 2012, with a compresensive look forward at where it is going, with forecasts and timelines. Factors that affect the operator business model and strategy are covered in detail.
- Technology - No-nonsense sessions which demystify the telecoms network (fixed, mobile and converged). Covering existing and emerging technologies, these modules ensure you are much better equipped to make more confident and commercially grounded decisions and technology choices as your own organisation evolves and grows.
- Finance - Bringing financial considerations into every business activity. A rapid, thorough and uncomplicated look at all the essential financial techniques used in modern telecoms. From making sense of the three principle accounting documents to assessing financial KPIs, these modules provide
- Leadership and management – The essentials of good management and leadership. Comprehensive and focused, these highly practical interactive sessions provide an opportunity to enhance your management and leadership skills, providing a solid foundation to drive change and improve standards in any organisation.
- Marketing/customer focus – Thought provoking sessions that put the customer proposition and experience sharply in focus. From branding to pricing, and segmentation to service offerings, a range of essential customer-focused topic areas are covered, before a broader look at competitive advantage and operating in a competitive market place. The role of the regulator in driving the competitive environment is also looked at in some detail.
- Business Simulation: Island Telco - This unique business simulation helps you develop an integrated approach to successfully operating a telecoms business. It highlights classic industry specific problems and situations which, within small groups, you will be required to solve and develop.
Who should attend this course?
The programme is designed for senior managers, middle managers aspiring for senior roles and directors from all functions within the telecommunications sector.
Advanced Telecoms Management Series
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series is an integrated series of advanced business programmes designed to meet the learning development needs of forward looking telecoms professionals and organisations. This series includes the Telecoms Mini MBA, which has been attended by over 4,000 industry professionals from across the world.
Enhance your career with a formally recognised University Qualification.
The Advanced Telecoms Management Series, including the Telecoms Mini MBA are fully accredited by the University of Derby Corporate. Successful completion of the one of these programmes will not only enable you to join the 4,000 executives worldwide who have benefited from this programme, but you’ll also be awarded credit points towards a recognised University qualification.
Combine these credit points with those gained by completing another Advanced Telecoms Management Programme along with a work based project, using the Competency Development Journal, and you will be awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management.
What qualifications are on offer?
The successful completion of Telecoms Academy’s Advanced Telecoms Management Series programmes enables you to have the opportunity to study for two levels of qualifications (level 7):
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Telecoms Management –successfully completing any two programmes and associated assesments along with a work based project
- Certificate in Continuing Professional Development in Advanced Telecoms Management successfully completing any two programmes and associated assesments
For more information contact us on: +44 (0)20 7017 4144 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About University of Derby Corporate
The University of Derby Corporate (UDC) is the Business to Business division of the University of Derby. UDC are working with a wide variety of organisations to develop and deliver work based learning programmes and accredited qualifications that support organisational improvement in areas such as customer service, innovation, leadership and management. Combining academic rigour and commercial experience, the University of Derby Corporate develop relevant and robust solutions that enable businesses to achieve progress through people.